Fluor built the initial Rayne gas processing plant in 1959, and subsequently expanded it in 1966. The third expansion was a relatively small capital project budgeted at $7 million. Fluor set up a streamlined operation using experienced personnel.
This allowed Fluor to demonstrate that it can perform small cap jobs as efficiently as it does on larger ones.
Construction began in January 1978 and was completed by early August, engaging a field work force of 200 people at peak.