The selection of Fluor as the project and construction management contractor was based on their proven ability to safely perform work concurrently on multiple offshore platforms.
Construction management included:
- Detailed hook-up planning to minimize shut-down
- Field engineering
- Constructor supervision and inspection
- Platform scheduling
- Material control/warehouse administration
- Logistics coordination
- Process, piping, instrument and electrical purchasing
- Start-up coordination
Project services included:
- Engineering coordination (detailed engineering by others)
- Contract administration
Over 1200 pipe spool pieces ranging from two to eight inches were prefabricated and erected, eight pieces of heavy equipment were set, and detailed planning, coordination, materials handling and supervision of 250 contractor personnel aboard the six platforms and at the onshore gas plant facility near Venice, Louisiana, was required.