Fluor Recognitions and Awards
Fluor continues to be acknowledged for industry leadership, project innovation and a commitment to sustainability, including health, safety and environmental excellence. Some notable awards include:
- Ranked No. 259 on the Fortune 500 list of the largest American companies in 2022.
- Included in the Defense News 2021 list of Top 100 Defense Companies.
- Ranked No. 5 on the 2022 list of Top 400 Contractors by Engineering News-Record (ENR).
- Ranked No. 1 on ENR's 2022 list of Top 50 Contractors Working Abroad.
- Ranked No. 2 on ENR's 2022 list of Top 20 Contractors in the Petroleum sector.
- Ranked No. 2 on ENR's 2022 list of Top 20 Contractors in the Industrial sector.
- Ranked No. 5 on ENR's 2022 list of Top 100 Contractors by New Contracts.
- Ranked No. 3 on ENR's 2021 list of Top 100 Design-Build Firms.
- Ranked No. 3 on ENR's 2021 list of Top 500 Design Firms.
- Ranked No. 7 on ENR's 2021 list of Top 250 International Contractors.
- Ranked No. 12 on ENR's 2021 list of Top 225 International Design Firms.
Sustainability, Health, Safety and Environmental (HSE)
- Placed by Reuters in the top 100 energy transition innovators in 2022 on account of Fluor's innovations in CO2 recovery from flue gas.
- Included on Environment Analyst's list of the Top 100 Environmental & Sustainability (E&S) Consultancy Firms 2022.
- Ranked No. 5 on ENR's 2021 list of the Top 200 Environmental Firms.
- In 2021, the American Society of Safety Professionals Kuwait Chapter honored the KIPIC Al-Zour Oil Refinery Project with the Gold Award for HSE Excellence and the Gold Award for Environmental Excellence. In 2020, the project team received the KIPIC CEO Health, Safety, Security and Environmental (HSSE) Award.
- In 2021, the Construction Users Roundtable recognized Fluor with its Construction Industry Safety Excellence award for work on the ASR Domino Sugar Refinery Rebuild project. Fluor rebuilt two sugar silos at the 111-year-old ASR Domino Sugar refinery in Chalmette, Louisiana after they were almost destroyed by fire in August 2020. Fluor deployed the day after the fire and provided immediate site cleanup, extensive repairs and restoration of the fire-damaged silos and associated machine rooms.
- In 2020, Fluor Arabia Limited received the CPChem Contractor Safety Excellence Award for the sixth consecutive year. The award recognizes contractor companies that have achieved outstanding safety performance while working at Chevron Phillips Chemical Company facilities.
- In 2020, JGC Fluor and LNG Canada were jointly recognized by Shell with its Gold Hard Hat HSE award. The award recognized the LNG Canada project’s Design for Safe Construction program, which is focused on the elimination and significant reduction of hazards through design, providing an overall reduction to life-critical construction risk.
- The American Society of Civil Engineers South Carolina Section (ASCE-SC) named the SCDOT Port Access Road its 2021 Project of the Year, calling its completed design "a testament to design innovation born from true collaboration."
- In 2021, the Institute for Sustainable Infrastructure awarded the Gordie Howe International Bridge Project with an Envision Platinum rating for sustainability. The project was also recognized by P3 Bulletin with a gold award under the Environmental, Social and Governance of the Year category at the 2020 Public-Private Partnership Awards. At the 2019 National Awards for Innovation and Excellence in Public-Private Partnerships, the project won gold for Project Financing.
- In 2021, the Construction Users Roundtable recognized the Hyperscale Data Center project team with its Construction Industry Project Excellence award. The award evaluated the project team's ability to add value, eliminate waste and increase overall excellence in five areas: safety, cost performance, schedule performance, quality and innovation.
- In 2021, MEGlobal Monoethylene Glycol Manufacturing Project was named a Best of the Best Project in the Energy/Industrial category by ENR. Previously, the project was named Energy/Industrial Project of the Year for the Texas and Louisiana region in ENR's 2020 Regional Best Projects Awards, and it received an Award of Merit in the Power/Industrial category in ENR's 2020 Global Best Projects Awards.
- In 2021, the Los Alamos National Lab team received one of DOE’s highest honors, the Secretary’s Achievement Award, recognizing that the Exascale Class Computer Cooling Equipment project was completed $20M under budget and 10 months early.
- In 2020, the U.S. Department of Energy recognized the team from the Savannah River Site with its prestigious Project Management Excellence Award. The team was recognized for completing cleanup of coal ash-contaminated land a year early and at a savings of more than $8 million.
- The National Steel Bridge Alliance recognized the Governor Mario M. Cuomo Bridge project team with its 2020 Prize Bridge Award in the Major Span category.
Human Resources Excellence
- Forbes ranked Fluor on its 2022 list of The World's Top Female-Friendly Companies.
- Forbes recognized Fluor as one of America's Best Large Employers in 2022.
- U.S. Veterans Magazine included Fluor in its Best of the Best 2022 list of top employers for veterans.
- In 2021, the Construction Users Roundtable recognized a Fluor pharmaceutical project in North Carolina with its Construction Industry Workforce Development award. The award acknowledged the project's workforce training program, which addressed safety, quality, technical skills, soft skills and leadership.