Fluor firmly believes in supporting and protecting the health, safety, welfare, security and dignity of each worker on our projects. Ethical recruitment and employment practices, safe work practices, as well as safe and healthy living and working conditions are critical elements to delivering our work. We recognize that welfare arrangements and quality facilities not only improve workers' health and well-being but also enhance performance, efficiency and health and safety compliance. Such conditions are also essential to our mission of helping clients build a better and more sustainable world.
We are committed to acting ethically and with integrity in all of our business dealings and relationships. We are further committed to implementing and enforcing effective systems and controls to instill confidence that modern slavery does not exist in our supply chain. Fluor is committed to the following positions:
- All workers, irrespective of their nationality, gender, ethnicity, social status, race, religion or other protected characteristics, are treated fairly with regard to recruitment and employment practices. Further, the dignity of workers is protected and preserved, and inhumane treatment, abuse and humiliating disciplinary action are not permitted.
- Forced, compulsory, bonded or indentured labor, human trafficking practices, child labor or any other violations of human and labor rights according to local, national or international standards are not tolerated.
- The use of misleading or fraudulent practices during recruitment of employees is not tolerated, and charging recruitment fees to the employee is prohibited.
- A clean, secure, safe and healthy working environment is provided.
- Worker accommodation standards contained in national and local regulations are considered as a baseline requirement.
- All workers have access to personal documentation and passports, and freedom of movement outside normal working hours is not restricted, unless there are legitimate safety or security issues that might threaten the health, safety and wellbeing of the worker.
- Wage payments are made regularly and on time, consistent with applicable law.
- The legal rights of workers to choose whether or not to join third-party organizations, without fear of retaliation, coercion or harassment, is acknowledged.
- A process is available for employees to report, without fear of retaliation, activity inconsistent with these commitments.
- Conduct all operations in a socially responsible, non-discriminatory manner in the spirit of the ILO Declaration on Fundamental Principles and Rights at Work and in accordance with applicable laws.
Fluor is a founding member, and immediate past chair, of Building Responsibly, an initiative of engineering and construction companies formed to address worker welfare issues globally. Through Building Responsibly, Fluor is advancing its worker welfare programs by sharing best practices, agreeing on common approaches and standards, developing tools and engaging clients, civil society, governments and international organizations. Fluor believes that working in voluntary cooperation with our peer companies, clients and suppliers is the best method to promote better working and living conditions worldwide.