Fluor leadership walks the walk and talks the talk. It starts with Fluor’s CEO messaging the critical importance that every employee and contractor conduct business with the utmost ethical standards, and permeates throughout our global organization at on-boarding, orientations, leadership meetings, as value creation topics of day-to-day meetings and so forth. Continuous messaging from the top and throughout the entire organization, in addition to walking the talk, is part of our ethical culture.
To help measure the company’s ethical culture and susceptibility to misconduct, Fluor periodically engages an independent third party to conduct a culture assessment. Utilizing the assessment module, the survey is rolled out to a sample of Fluor’s employee population at various levels, and from different business groups, functions, and geographic regions within the organization. The third party provides an Integrity Index score, to serve as a proxy for ethical climate, by gauging our employees’ answers to the questions around the areas of comfort speaking up, organizational justice, direct manager leadership, tone at the top, openness of communication, departmental climate and clarity of expectations, relative to its benchmark of other companies and industry peers. Fluor has exceeded the benchmark, and trended up period over period, with a higher than average and continuously improving Integrity Index.
Compliance & Ethics related Awards and Recognition
Fluor has earned the following ethics and compliance related recognitions:
Fluor has been recognized by Ethisphere magazine as a World's Most Ethical Company® for 14 consecutive years, 2020-2007.
- Fluor recognized by Transparency International-USA with the organization's Corporate Leadership Award for Fluor's global anti-corruption initiatives and for its promotion of transparency and accountability within business, government, and civil society, 2013
- Fluor was the only company to rank an "A" on the 2012 Defence Companies Anti-Corruption Index by Transparency International UK, analyzing the public anti-corruption information of 129 defense companies.
- Ranked 2009 "Best Overall Governance, Compliance and Ethics Program - small to mid-cap" Corporate Secretary Magazine
- 100 Best Corporate Citizens by Corporate Responsibility Officers Association, 2009
Government Contractor Ethics by Ethisphere Institute, 2008:
- No. 3 for "Best Ethics Program Overall"
- No. 2 of the 100 Largest Contractor Ethics Programs
- Top 10 contractors for "Best Code of Business Conduct and Ethics"
- Top 10 "Best Ethics Training and Communications Program"
- "Ethics Inside Certified" by Ethisphere Magazine, 2007
- Greater Dallas Business Ethics Award, 2007