During conceptual design, we use our Baseline CentricSM approach to deliver appropriate, cost-effective solutions, enhancing the value of clients' assets and increasing their long-term business success. This proprietary system begins with Fluor's EPIC3 platform, a collaborative work practice that engages a project's multidisciplinary team members during development.
The EPIC3 process:
- Assigns accountability for services and material
- Builds early consensus across all disciplines and functional areas
- Connects each project activity and decision to the estimate
- Details EPFC in a conceptual design report
- Establishes a detailed estimate
- Reduces the number of change orders
- Solves the project's issues prior to execution
Other conceptual design services include feasibility studies, project-development planning, technology evaluation and recommendations, modular construction options, risk-management assessment, global siting, financing planning, constructability reviews, asset and life-cycle optimization and front-end engineering.
As a result of decades of executing complex projects, our technical experts have developed innovative design solutions, some of which have been patented and being deployed on projects.
One example is Fluor's 3rd Gen Modular ExecutionSM,a patented design approach employing methods and work processes to assure modularization drives the layout. Clients benefit through project cost savings, cost and schedule predictability and reduced schedules by performing construction activities in parallel at the site and at the module yard.