During conceptual design, we use our Baseline CentricSM approach to deliver appropriate, cost-effective solutions, enhancing the value of clients' assets and increasing their long-term business success. This proprietary system begins with Fluor's EPIC3 platform, a collaborative work practice that engages a project's multidisciplinary team members during development.
The EPIC3 process:
- Assigns accountability for services and material
- Builds early consensus across all disciplines and functional areas
- Connects each project activity and decision to the estimate
- Details EPFC in a conceptual design report
- Establishes a detailed estimate
- Reduces the number of change orders
- Solves the project's issues prior to execution
Other conceptual design services include feasibility studies, project-development planning, technology evaluation and recommendations, modular construction options, risk-management assessment, global siting, financing planning, constructability reviews, asset and life-cycle optimization and front-end engineering.
As a result of decades of executing complex projects, our technical experts have developed innovative design solutions, some of which have been patented and are being deployed on projects.