Lithium mining sites include both hard rock deposits, such as pegmatite deposits, and brine deposits, such as salt lake brines, geothermal, and salt water.
Fluor draws on its expertise in mining processes, unit operations, and global mining project execution to offer a full range of services, from feasibility studies and engineering through program management, procurement, fabrication, and construction.
Typical unit operations include:
- Ore handling, sizing, and storage
- Vat leaching
- Evaporation and crystallization
- Lithium carbonate circuit
- Lithium hydroxide circuit
- Auxiliary units – acid plants, reagents, utilities, and power