Fluor has long supported the commercialization of renewable energy, servicing the solar, wind and geothermal power markets.
Today, Fluor provides solutions for clients integrating renewable energy into facilities, modifying existing facilities to produce renewable fuels and creating sustainable plant footprints, including:
- Engineering, procurement and construction (EPC)
- Plant technology integration
- Program management
- Commissioning services
As far back as the 1980s, Fluor provided EPC services for the world's first commercial photovoltaic (PV) power plant in Carrisa Plains, California. Fluor’s long history encompasses designing and building utility-scale solar PV power plants, including one of the world’s largest polysilicon production complexes and state of the art PV module manufacturing facilities. Fluor assists clients with plant configurations, performing due diligence activities on suppliers and integrating solar power into facilities.
Fluor provides solutions for wind farm projects in complex onshore and offshore location, with expertise concentrated in:
- Design and engineering of heavy steel structures and other critical elements
- Fabrication services for fixed and floating foundations
- EPC services for substations
- Supply chain, logistics and project management for remote, challenging locations
Fluor's geothermal experience dates back more than 20 years and includes projects in the United States and Indonesia.