Confidence – The Weld-Console program provides the capability to achieve a high level of confidence in clients' systems. From managing the selection and recording of critical inspection and testing operations to validating materials, Weld-Console brings an array of tools to manage the job of ensuring that the project's systems have been verified to design.
Virtual inspection – The value of Weld-Console is in its validation. Weld-Console performs validation tasks such as:
- Quantifying the number of welds produced per day to verify productivity goals are being met
- Ensuring welder qualification is correct for the weld being made
- Taking the correct percentage of NDE to comply with codes and specifications
- Confirming weld repairs are completed and accepted prior to pressure testing
- Ensuring PWHT is completed to comply with codes and specifications
- Material validation including both base material and filler material, if needed, to the component (C)MTR's
Welder qualification – Every weld is compared to the welder's qualification parameters such as welding process, maximum thickness, minimum OD, open root qualification and base material to validate that the welder is qualified to make the weld. Reports detailing this information are available.
Material validation – Incorrect material is a leading cause of premature failure in process systems. Weld-Console was designed to combat this persistent dilemma. Each welded component being installed is validated to confirm it is the correct material for the system. This is possible due to the material heat numbers being recorded in MaterialManager® during material receipt. This information is then downloaded into Weld-Console. The heat numbers are recorded again while completing the daily welding report so that the system can then easily confirm if the correct material is installed in the system.
Applied project specifications – Every weld is tagged with inspection requirements and automatically selected once it is fabricated. Design specification requirements are preloaded into Weld-Console. As welds are loaded they are tagged with the requirements.
Verified traceability – In addition to the data collected and input daily, Weld-Console can also be utilized to store records of the activities, including daily weld reports, NDE reports, Welder Qualification Records and weld maps. These files are associated with the respective data and can be recalled as needed.