Fluor has extensive experience assisting clients in evaluating and selecting process technology licensors. Fluor develops an appropriate evaluation plan and prepares and issues inquiry documents to the licensors based on the clients’ specific project requirements. Fluor understands confidentiality concerns of both the client and licensor and signs agreements with both parties to protect trade secrets.
Evaluation criteria vary depending on the scope of the project, but may include:
- List of potential licensors of technology
- Fit for use and compatibility with available feedstock
- Availability of complimentary technologies
- Licensor track record
- Licensor relationships with Fluor and the client
- Licensor presence in geographic area
- Licensor’s fees
- Licensor’s financial situation
After receipt of the qualifications of each company, Fluor uses a Kepner-Tregoe (KT) Analysis to evaluate the information from each technology licensor. Fluor then works with the client to select the licensor for the project. Once the contract is signed, Fluor and the client determine how the interface with the licensor is conducted.