Fluor has designed and constructed pioneer plants spanning a wide range of technologies and industries, including petrochemicals, petroleum refining, synthetic fuels, inorganic chemicals, pharmaceuticals, biotechnology and many others. The company’s involvement on these projects has ranged from engineering a specific plant area to full EPC services and even operation on a variety of capital projects. Fluor’s strengths are highlighted below:
- Capability to draw from a large, in-house pool of experts—process specialist engineers with extensive knowledge of chemical and physical phenomena.
- Employing process specialist engineers in roles that ensure continuity throughout the development of a project.
- Ability to draw from Fluor’s broad-based engineering organization for virtually any type of discipline engineer. For example, of particular importance in the case of pioneer plants, would be metallurgy specialists to properly specify the required construction materials and mechanical equipment specialists to confirm the specified equipment is within the realm of existing technology, commercially available, and cost-effective.
- Proven track record of successfully transferring laboratory and pilot plant technology to practical detailed engineering designs.
- Substantial experience in many industries and technologies.
- Understanding of methodology, unique to first-of-a-kind engineering.
- Excellent knowledge of specific processes to extend to pioneer technologies.