The Fluor Econamine FG Plus technology’s solvent formulation and advanced reclaiming techniques allow the technology to work in environments where most other processes would fail, such as on boiler and reformer stack gas and gas-turbine flue-gas streams. In addition to reducing CO2 emissions, Fluor Econamine FG Plus can provide CO2 for enhanced oil recovery, fertilizer production, the food and beverage industry, or chemicals production. The process uses cost-effective, readily available materials.
Econamine FG Plus offers cost savings and schedule predictability through multiple advantages:
- Advanced Solvent Formulation - Higher solvent CO2 carrying capacity, higher absorption role, lower capital cost, and lower energy demand
- Absorber Intercooling - Overall increased reaction rates, higher solvent CO2 carrying capacity, lower capital costs, and lower energy demand
- Lean Vapor Compressor - Lower energy demand by 10 to 12%
- Solvent Maintenance System - Lower solvent losses; reduction of reclaimer waste production and lower handling and disposal costs
- Large Diameter Column Design - Ability to reduce the number of absorption trains required, thereby lowering capital costs
- Heat Recovery and Integration - Lower energy demand and reduced utilities consumption
- Lower Solvent Make-Up Cost - Solvent is neither custom manufactured nor expensive. The primary ingredient is readily available worldwide.
- Ultra Low Absorber Emissions - Fluor has developed several low-pressure drop scrubbing systems to reduce the solvent emissions to very low levels.
Learn more about Fluor's range of carbon capture recovery services and technologies.