Fluor continues to be acknowledged for industry leadership, project excellence and Health, Safety & Environmental excellence. For our Clients, this recognition confirms Fluor's ability to successfully, ethically and safely execute projects around the world. A few notable awards include:
- Named to the Forbes and JUST Capital JUST 100 List in 2019 for the fourth consecutive year.
- Ranked No. 164 on FORTUNE 500® list in 2019.
- Ranked No. 1 on Engineering News-Record (ENR)'s 2019 list of Top 100 Contractors by New Contracts.
- Ranked No. 2 on ENR's 2019 list of Top 400 Contractors.
- Ranked No. 1 on ENR's 2019 list of Top 20 Contractors in the Petroleum sector.
- Ranked No. 1 on ENR's 2019 list of Top 20 Contractors in the Industrial sector.
- Ranked No. 1 on ENR's 2019 list of Top 50 Contractors Working Abroad.
- Ranked No. 2 on ENR's 2019 list of Top 100 Design-Build Firms.
- Ranked No. 3 on ENR's 2019 list of Top 500 Design Firms.
- Ranked on the Defense News 2019 list of Top 100 Defense Companies.
- Fluor has been recognized by the Ethisphere® Institute as a World's Most Ethical Company® for 14 consecutive years, 2020-2007.
- Fluor was ranked No. 5 on ENR's 2019 list of the Top 200 Environmental Firms.
- In 2018, Fluor was listed on the North America Dow Jones Sustainability Index for the fourth consecutive year.
- The Department of Energy recognized the team at the Savannah River Site with a 2016 Energy Sustainability Award for its outstanding contributions to improving environmental, energy and economic performance while reducing greenhouse gas emissions.
- Fluor was among 133 companies featured in the 2016 Business Roundtable report, "Create. Grow. Sustain: People and Technology." The report details organization's innovative sustainability strategies globally.
- In 2019, the Gordie Howe International Bridge Project team was recognized in the 2019 National Awards for Innovation and Excellence in Public-Private Partnerships, winning gold for Project Financing. The award was presented by the Canadian Council for Public-Private Partnerships at its 27th annual conference in Toronto.
- In 2019, the Dow Gulfstream Poly-6 Project was named a finalist for Construction Project of the Year for the S&P Global Platts Energy Awards.
- In 2018, the Construction Users Roundtable recognized Fluor's manufacturing project for Procter & Gamble with the 2018 Construction Industry Project Excellence Award. The award recognizes project teams who have achieved excellence in project delivery.
- In 2018, ENR recognized the BASF Automotive Coatings Plant with an Award of Merit in the 2018 Global Best Projects Awards. The project was recognized in the Power/Industrial category.
- In 2017, ENR recognized the Dow Ethylene Production Facility in the 5th annual Global Best Projects competition with an Award of Merit in the Power/Industrial category. The Dow/Fluor project teams were recognized for leading the outstanding design and construction efforts of 2017.
- Hydrocarbon Processing awarded the Kuwait Integrated Petroleum Industries Company (KIPIC) Al-Zour Oil Refinery Project as the Top Refining Project for 2017.
- The Construction Owners Association of Alberta named Fluor the 2016 Best Practices Award winner for our modularization innovation on the Shell Quest project. The Quest project marked the full implementation of Fluor's first-of-a-kind, patented 3rd Gen Modular ExecutionSM.
- In 2016, ENR named the Brunswick County Power Station the 2016 Mid-Atlantic Best Project in the Energy/Industrial sector. The project was also recognized with the 2016 ENR Mid-Atlantic Excellence in Safety Award. The project was named the overall 2016 Power Engineering Project of the Year, as well as the 2016 Power Engineering Natural Gas‑Fired Project of the Year. In 2017, Power Magazine recognized the facility as a 2017 Top Plant in Gas-Fueled.
- Sasol Ethane Cracker and Derivatives Project named Top Petrochemical Project of 2015 by Hydrocarbon Processing magazine.
- Centinela Solar Energy project recognized as ENR's 2015 Best Project Safety Award of Merit winner for the California region.
- Project Management Institute's 2015 Project of the Year awarded to Chevron's El Segundo Refinery Coke Drum Reliability Project.
- In 2015, Engineering News Record named the Quest Carbon Capture Facility project as a Global Best Project in the Power/Industrial category.
- In 2015, Fluor received a Hydrocarbon Processing award at the sixth annual International Refining and Petrochemicals Conference in Abu Dhabi, UAE for its role in the Sadara Chemical Project in Saudi Arabia.
- In 2015, the Eagle P3 Commuter Rail Project in Denver, Colorado, was acknowledged by the Occupational Safety and Health Administration as qualifying for the Star Voluntary Protection Program.
Health, Safety and Environmental (HSE)
- Savannah River Nuclear Solutions was recognized for its safety performance in both operations and construction for work performed in 2016 with the National Safety Council’s 2017 Occupational Excellence Achievement Award.
- Renewed annual Gold Shovel Standard, a first-of-its-kind excavation safety program designed to reduce dig-ins and protect the underground gas and electric system, for 2017.
- The National Safety Council recognized the Showa Denko PFC-75 Project, Shire Biologics Facility and Stora Enso Consumer Board Mill with the 2016 Million Work Hours Award.
- In 2017, Fluor Limited was recognized with the RoSPA Gold Award for achieving a high level of safety performance and demonstrating strong HSE management and culture. Fluor Limited previously received the Gold Award in 2016.
- In 2016, Savannah River Nuclear Solutions received their 15th U.S. Department of Energy (DOE) Voluntary Protection Program Participants' Association (VPPPA) Star of Excellence, as well as the VPPPA Safety and Health Achievement Award.
- The Fluor Farnborough office received a British Safety Council - International Safety Awards 2016 Merit, which recognizes exemplary health and safety management.
- The BASF PETRONAS Integrated Aroma Ingredients Complex received the Malaysia Occupational Safety & Health Practitioners Association Gold Award for OSHE Management in 2015 and 2016.
- The Engineering Construction Industry Association recognized Fluor Limited with the Safe Working Award for 2016 and 2015.
Human Resources Excellence
- The Savannah River Site was recognized by the South Carolina Chamber of Commerce as the winner of its 2018 Excellence in Workplace Diversity Award in the Large Employer Category.
- The Construction Users Roundtable® honored Fluor's U.S. Gulf Coast Training Center with its 2016 Workforce Development Award.
- Recognized as one of the Annual "Top 50 Employers" in Woman Engineer in 2016.
- Ranks No. 22 on the 25th Annual "Top 50 Employers" list in Minority Engineer magazine in 2016.
- Forbes recognized Fluor as one of America's Best Employers in 2015.
- One of G.I. Jobs Top 100 Military Friendly Employers® in 2015, for the ninth consecutive year.
- Honored in 2020 for the second consecutive year as a "Best of the Decade" company by Minority Business News USA magazine for leadership in supplier diversity.
- Procter & Gamble recognized Fluor's Industrial Services business as one of its 2015 External Business Partners of the Year for Fluor's efforts and results on Supplier Diversity.
- In 2019, Fluor's Deep Dewpointing Process technology won Best Gas Processing/LNG Technology at the Hydrocarbon Processing 2019 Awards gala event.
- In 2018, Fluor's two-stage absorption technology was recognized as a finalist for ADIPEC's Breakthrough Research of the Year and was highly commended at the Institution of Chemical Engineers 2018 Global Awards. In 2017, the technology was recognized by S&P Global Platts as the 2017 Global Energy Award Finalist for Breakthrough Solution of the Year.
- In 2016, Fiatech named Fluor a Celebration of Engineering and Technology Innovation Award winner for our integrated scaffolding solution on the North West Redwater Partnership Sturgeon Refinery.
- The Edison AwardsTM selected Fluor's 3rd Gen Modular Execution technology as the bronze award winner in the energy and conservation category in 2015.
Knowledge Management Leadership
- Fluor now has 25,000 members in its award-winning knowledge management system, Knowledge OnLineSM.
- Fluor was selected as one of the "Global Most Admired Knowledge Enterprises (MAKE)" winners in 2016 for the 11th consecutive year. Fluor was recognized for creating an environment for collaborative enterprise knowledge sharing (first place).
View Fluor corporate information to learn more.