Fluor continues to be acknowledged for industry leadership, project excellence and Health, Safety, & Environmental excellence. For our Clients, this recognition confirms Fluor's ability to successfully, ethically and safely execute projects around the world. A few notable awards include:
- Fluor has been listed on the FORTUNE® Magazine "World's Most Admired Companies®" list for 18 consecutive years, 2018-2001.
- Ranked No. 153 on FORTUNE 500® list in 2018.
- Ranked No. 2 in Engineering News-Record (ENR) magazine's 2018 Top 400 Contractors list.
- Ranked No. 3 on ENR's 2018 list of Top 500 Design Firms.
- Ranked No. 1 on ENR's 2017 list of Top Design Firms in the Refineries and Petrochemical Plants sector for the fifth year in a row.
- Ranked No. 1 on ENR's 2017 list of Top 20 Design Firms by Sector: Industrial Process / Petroleum for the fifteenth year in a row.
- Ranked No. 1 on ENR's 2017 list of Top 100 Contractors by New Contracts.
- Named to the Forbes and JUST Capital JUST 100 List in 2017 for the second consecutive year, ranked No. 1 in the Industrial Goods category.
Human Resources Excellence
- The Construction Users Roundtable® honored Fluor's U.S. Gulf Coast Training Center with its 2016 Workforce Development Award.
- Recognized as one of the Annual "Top 50 Employers" in Woman Engineer in 2016.
- Ranks No. 22 on the 25th Annual "Top 50 Employers" list in Minority Engineer magazine in 2016.
- Forbes recognized Fluor as one of America's Best Employers in 2015.
- One of G.I. Jobs Top 100 Military Friendly Employers® in 2015, for the ninth consecutive year.
- Recognized in 2014 as one of the Aon Hewitt Top Companies for Leaders® in North America.
- Awarded the Houston Minority Supplier Development Council Corporation of the Year in 2014.
- In 2017, ENR recognized the Dow Ethylene Production Facility in the 5th annual Global Best Projects competition with an Award of Merit in the Power/Industrial category. The Dow/Fluor project teams were recognized for leading the outstanding design and construction efforts of 2017.
- In 2016, ENR named the Brunswick County Power Station the 2016 Mid-Atlantic Best Project in the Energy/Industrial sector. The project was also recognized with the 2016 ENR Mid-Atlantic Excellence in Safety Award. The project was named the overall 2016 Power Engineering Project of the Year, as well as the 2016 Power Engineering Natural Gas-Fired Project of the Year. In 2017, Power Magazine recognized the facility as a 2017 Top Plant in Gas-Fueled.
- The Construction Owners Association of Alberta named Fluor the 2016 Best Practices Award winner for our modularization innovation on the Shell Quest project. The Quest project marked the full implementation of Fluor's first-of-a-kind, patented 3rd Gen Modular ExecutionSM.
- Fiatech named Fluor a Celebration of Engineering and Technology Innovation Award winner for our integrated scaffolding solution on the North West Redwater Partnership Sturgeon Refinery.
- Sasol Ethane Cracker and Derivatives Project named Top Petrochemical Project of 2015 by Hydrocarbon Processing magazine.
- Centinela Solar Energy project recognized as ENR's 2015 Best Project Safety Award of Merit winner for the California region.
- Project Management Institute's 2015 Project of the Year awarded to Chevron's El Segundo Refinery Coke Drum Reliability Project.
- In 2015, Engineering News Record named the Quest Carbon Capture Facility project as a Global Best Project in the Power/Industrial category.
- In 2015, Fluor received a Hydrocarbon Processing award at the sixth annual International Refining and Petrochemicals Conference in Abu Dhabi, UAE for its role in the Sadara Chemical Project in Saudi Arabia.
- The Edison AwardsTM selected Fluor's 3rd Gen Modular Execution approach, utilized on Shell's Quest project, as the bronze award winner in the energy and conservation category in 2015.
- In 2015, the Eagle P3 Commuter Rail Project in Denver, Colorado, was acknowledged by the Occupational Safety and Health Administration as qualifying for the Star Voluntary Protection Program.
- Procter & Gamble recognized Fluor's Industrial Services business as one of its 2015 External Business Partners of the Year for Fluor's efforts and results on Supplier Diversity.
- Savannah River Nuclear Solutions, a Fluor partnership, was presented with the U.S. Department of Energy's 2014 Sustainability Award for new technology development.
- 2014 ISPE's Facility of the Year for Project Execution Award for Grifols North Fractionation Facility, North Carolina.
- In December 2014, Platts selected Fluor's Centinela Solar Photovoltaic Power Plant as a finalist for the Construction Project of the Year, Premier Projects category.
- Weapons Complex Monitor named Fluor one of the 2014 environmental management winners. This award recognized Fluor's leadership of key nuclear remediation projects like the Department of Energy's Environmental Remediation project at Paducah.
- Fluor has been recognized by the Ethisphere® Institute magazine as a World's Most Ethical Company® for 12 consecutive years, 2018-2007.
- In 2017, Fluor was listed on the North America Dow Jones Sustainability Index for the third consecutive year.
- The Department of Energy recognized the team at the Savannah River Site with a 2016 Energy Sustainability Award for its outstanding contributions to improving environmental, energy and economic performance while reducing greenhouse gas emissions.
- Fluor was ranked No. 7 on ENR's 2016 list of the Top 200 Environmental Firms.
- Fluor was among 133 companies featured in the 2016 Business Roundtable report, "Create. Grow. Sustain: People and Technology." The report details organization's innovative sustainability strategies globally.
- Fluor was listed on Transparency International UK's Defence Companies Anti-Corruption Index in 2012 and 2015. Fluor was the only company to receive the highest ranking, A, on both indices. The Index measures defense companies transparency and quality of ethics and anti-corruption programs.
Health, Safety, and Environmental (HSE)
- In 2018, Savannah River Nuclear Solutions achieved more than 15 million work hours without a lost-time incident at the Savannah River Site.
- In 2018, the American Society of Safety Engineers Kuwait Chapter honored the Kuwait National Petroleum Company Clean Fuels Program and the Kuwait Oil Company Project Management Consulting Contract project with its 2018 Gold Award in HSE Excellence.
- Savannah River Nuclear Solutions was recognized for its safety performance in both operations and construction for work performed in 2016 with the National Safety Council’s 2017 Occupational Excellence Achievement Award.
- Renewed annual Gold Shovel Standard, a first-of-its-kind excavation safety program designed to reduce dig-ins and protect the underground gas and electric system, for 2017.
- The National Safety Council recognized the Showa Denko PFC-75 Project, Shire Biologics Facility and Stora Enso Consumer Board Mill with the 2016 Million Work Hours Award.
- In 2017, Fluor Limited was recognized with the RoSPA Gold Award for achieving a high level of safety performance and demonstrating strong HSE management and culture. Fluor Limited previously received the Gold Award in 2016.
- In 2016, Savannah River Nuclear Solutions received their 15th U.S. Department of Energy (DOE) Voluntary Protection Program Participants' Association (VPPPA) Star of Excellence, as well as the VPPPA Safety and Health Achievement Award.
- The Fluor Farnborough office received a British Safety Council - International Safety Awards 2016 Merit, which recognizes exemplary health and safety management.
- The BASF PETRONAS Integrated Aroma Ingredients Complex received the Malaysia Occupational Safety & Health Practitioners Association Gold Award for OSHE Management in 2015 and 2016.
- The Engineering Construction Industry Association recognized Fluor Limited with the Safe Working Award for 2016 and 2015.
- Savannah River National Laboratory's 2014 safety record placed the laboratory as the safety leader in the DOE's network of National Laboratories.
- Fluor Limited won 23rd consecutive Royal Society of Prevention of Accidents (RoSPA) Gold Medal Order of Distinction in 2014.
- Fluor named one of America's Safest Companies by EHS Today Magazine in 2011.
- Fluor's Houston office recognized in 2011 by Guinness Book of World Records for achieving a 17 year safe work hours milestone.
Knowledge Management Leadership
- Fluor now has 25,000 members in its award-winning knowledge management system, Knowledge OnLineSM.
- Fluor was selected as one of the "Global Most Admired Knowledge Enterprises (MAKE)" winners in 2016 for the 11th consecutive year. Fluor was recognized for creating an environment for collaborative enterprise knowledge sharing (first place).
View Fluor corporate information to learn more.