Recognition – Fluor in South Africa
Fluor continues to be recognized worldwide for project execution excellence, Health, Safety, and Environmental performance, knowledge management leadership, and human resources recruitment, training and commitment.
Fluor Industry Leadership
- Ranked No. 1 in the Engineering & Construction Industry of the FORTUNE® Magazine “World's Most Admired Companies®” list for five years in a row, 2012-2016.
- Ranked No. 155 on FORTUNE 500® list in 2016
- Ranked No. 1 in Engineering News-Record (ENR) magazine's 2016 list of Top 100 Contractors by New Contracts and Top 20 Design Firms by Sector: Industrial Process / Petroleum; Ranked No. 2 on ENR's Top 400 Contractors list; Ranked No. 4 on ENR's Top 500 Design Firms list.
2009 Black Economic Empowerment (BEE) Award - 2009
Fluor entered its Skills Development Program into the Skills Development Category of the Annual Black Economic Empowerment (BEE) Awards, which was presented for the first time at the Third Annual BEE Conference at the Hilton Hotel in October 2009. Skills Development is one of the seven elements of the BEE Scorecard, which is the government's initiative to grow the economy by including the previously disenfranchised majority in all national economic activities.
Fluor won the prestigious award for implementing Fluor University and its associated programs, as well as for providing specialist training in South Africa in planning, control systems design and piping design. The fact that Fluor University is a virtual campus means that Fluor employees around the world have access to the same world-class training and employees are encouraged to develop themselves conveniently and efficiently online and in instructor lead courses. The training initiatives serve the purpose of fast-tracking skills development within Fluor in order to raise the level of productivity and ultimately improve organizational performance for Fluor, as well as increase the national skills pool.
This award recognizes the meaningful contribution made by Fluor toward economic growth as well as social development in South Africa by equipping its employees with transferable skills. It is impossible to transform an organization without the appropriate training, skills development and learning interventions.
The IMPUMELELO Award 2010
Fluor South Africa was recognized as one of South Africa's Top Empowerment companies as a result of its BBBEE and transformation. This award acknowledges Fluor's meaningful contribution to economic growth and social development by equipping its employees with transferable skills.
Fluor South Africa has been re-certified for ISO 9001:2008 for a further period of three years. The process requires two audits annually over a three-year period by our appointed auditors, the South African Bureau of Standards (SABS).
Health & Safety Awards
Fluor South Africa has been recognized for excellent safety performance.
- Sasol Technology Safety Star 2011
(Recordable case rate below Sasol Technology recordable case rate target)
- Secunda Growth Programme awarded Sasol’s “Safety Performance Team of the Year Award”
- Fluor’s Sunninghill office achieved prestigious 5 million injury free hours