Fluor’s Legacy of Community Service in South Africa
Fluor has a long tradition of community service around the world. While
Fluor's core business is centred on engineering, procurement, and construction, providing service to
the communities in which Fluor employees work and live is Fluor's privilege.
One programme that Fluor South Africa supports is the Progress Preschool in
eMbalenhle, Secunda. Between 2007 and 2015, Fluor South Africa helped the school by donating pre-fabricated classrooms, founding the Progress Preschool Trust to purchase land for the development of a
new school, sub-contracting the construction the new school building and commissioning the new
Progress Preschool. Progress Preschool is also a beneficiary of the Fluor Cares Building Futures
Fluor South Africa also maintains a legacy of supporting is Stop Hunger Now.
In 2015, Fluor Cares volunteers packed 7,500 hunger relief meals for Ikageng Day Care Center in
Soweto, South Africa. Volunteers packed the meals into 35 boxes. A box feeds 20 children, three times
a day for a month.
Other South African Community Projects in 2015 included:
- Emergency Prevention Services – Basic Firefighting and First Aid Community Outreach
- Ivory Park High School – Science Lab Renovation
- Nkaynezi center for Multiple Disabilities – Greenhouse Refurbishment
- Ratanang Day Care Center for Multiple Disabilities – Greenhouse Installation
- University of Witwatersrand in Johannesburg – Donation for STEM Programme