Fluor Successfully Executes Engineering, Procurement and Construction for Power Clients in Africa.
Fluor designs, builds and maintains power plants using a variety of fuel sources, including coal, gas, oil, nuclear, solar and wind. Fluor South Africa has performed engineering, construction and maintenance services on numerous power projects over the past 50 years. Fluor completed 14 power projects in South Africa in the past 10 years, with project scopes including feasibility studies, front-end engineering and design (FEED) and comprehensive EPC.
Fluor South Africa was selected in 2010 by the Clinton Climate Initiative (CCI) on behalf of the African Department of Energy to develop a conceptual Indicative Master Plan Study for a five-gigawatt solar park in South Africa. Fluor’s expertise in the power sector includes:
- Environmental Compliance - From early power plant engineering studies through power plant construction and commissioning, Fluor delivers solutions to Clients who need to improve plant performance and comply with clean air regulations.
- Gas-Fueled Power Generation - Fluor has constructed gas-fueled power plants globally, generating more than 100,000 megawatts of capacity.
- Nuclear - Fluor’s extensive experience in this this highly-regulated industry assists Clients in developing the next generation of nuclear power.
- Power Services - Power Services provides operations, maintenance, power plant construction, capital improvements, environmental control retrofits and transmission and distribution services to the power generating industry.
- Renewable Energy - Fluor offers a full range of EPC services for renewable energy projects, including solar, wind, geothermal and energy storage for Clients seeking to provide renewable electricity to users worldwide.
- SMR Technology - Fluor is a majority investor in NuScale Power, a small modular reactor (SMR) technology company.
- Solid-Fueled - By using proven pre-engineered reference plant designs and collaboration tools, Fluor delivers solid-fueled power plants to Clients efficiently and safely.
- Transmission - Fluor offers integrated EPC services for new transmission installations and operations and maintenance services for line / substation facilities.
Learn more about Fluor’s global Power experience.