Fluor – Training in South Africa
During the past 100 years, Fluor has trained more 250,000 people worldwide. Fluor has implemented Fluor University, a global employee development program that provides educational classes and training to the workforce 24/7. Fluor has also expanded capabilities to include video distance learning.
Training Centre in Secunda, South Africa
For nearly 35 years, Fluor has been providing skills development training to local South Africans. Fluor began on-site training at the Sasol II and Sasol III project sites and continues training local South Africans in skills that will serve them for future employment opportunities.
The Fluor Training Centre provides the unemployed and previously disadvantaged with an opportunity to acquire marketable trade skills. Since its inception, more than 30,000 individuals have been trained and secured employment as fitters, welders, electricians, pipefitters, and other building trades.
The Training Centre is now accredited by several business and government bodies, including:
- Metal and Engineering Industries Training Board (MERSETA)
- Construction Education & Training Authority (CETA)
- Transitional Local Councils ( TLCs)
- Department of Labour (D.O.L.)
- Chemical Industries Education and Training Authority (CHIETA)
The Training Centre has been recognized with numerous awards by organizations in South Africa for its contributions to training and development including:
- Fluor Training Centre recognition from South African Department of Labour
- Gold Award from the South Africa Institute of Welding
- Silver Star Award in the Amcham Stars of Africa