Fluor will construct new terminal facilities for the Sunoco Logistics Mariner East 2 project at its Marcus Hook Industrial Complex. Upon completion, Mariner East 2 is anticipated to provide up to an additional 275,000 barrels-per-day of NGLs for distribution to local, domestic and international markets.
The Mariner East 2 project comprises the following major elements:
- Four product storage tanks (by Third Party)
- Refrigeration equipment
- Dock mounted load out equipment and piping modules (by Third Party)
- Dock rehabilitation
- Substation (by Third Party)
- Two incoming feeders from the new substation
- New firewater supply and distribution system
- In-plant pipe runs and supports
- Incoming pipeline for NGL feedstock
- Electrical and instrumentation
- Cooling water tower
- Flare system
Fluor, Sunoco Logistics and contractors are using Fluor Site ConnectSM, our project-wide communication platform to access key information throughout the project site, contributing to a largely paperless jobsite.
More than 2,200 craft personnel support the project representing Fluor, building trades and local unions. Fluor’s direct-hire craft peaked at 196 in November 2016, and Fluor staff peaked at 143 in January 2017.
Fluor offices in Houston, Texas, Greenville, South Carolina and Manila, Philippines are supporting the project.