In 1949, Fluor established the Fluor Corporation
of Canada under the laws of the Dominion of Canada in Montreal, Quebec. Three years
later, it opened its first Canadian head office, primarily a sales office, in Toronto,
Ontario. Fluor acquired a majority interest in a local engineering firm in 1953.
The acquisition proved invaluable in establishing Fluor Canada's Canadian identity.
In 1973, Fluor moved its Canadian headquarters to Calgary, Alberta to better serve
the growing oil and gas industry in Western Canada. In 1988, Fluor acquired Wright
Engineers Limited and added significant technical expertise to its mining and minerals
Since then, Fluor Canada has been involved in the engineering, procurement and construction
of a wide range of energy related projects that are spread across the Canadian landscape.
Fluor provides local, regional and international Clients with our full service capabilities.
Fluor Canada’s flexible approach to project execution allows Fluor to deliver appropriate,
cost-effective solutions that enhance the value of customers' assets and increase
long-term business success. In recent years, Fluor has been a major participant
on several successful Canadian mega projects that have required optimal integration
and coordination of project teams. Project owners frequently employ Fluor’s exceptional
program and project management capabilities on these challenging and complex projects.
View timeline in fullscreen