Gas Processing, Gas Treating, & LNG Facilities – EPCM Services, Gas Treating and NGL Recovery Technologies
Fluor constructed the world’s first turbo-expander plant for NGL extraction in 1962. Since then, Fluor has continued to build on its position as a technology leader for the natural gas industry, with experience extending to more than 200 gas plants worldwide. Today, we are assisting clients with a full range of expertise essential to maximizing return on conventional, unconventional and specialized gas assets. This expertise includes solutions for gas processing, treating, and NGL recovery. It also includes LNG and other technologies and strategies for monetization of remote or “stranded” gas. Fluor's extensive gas-related project experience includes:
- LNG Liquefaction and LNG Regasification
- Gas Treatment
- NGL Recovery and Fractionation
- Unconventional Gas Production
- CO2, Nitrogen, and Acid Gas Compression Systems for Sequestration, Enhanced Oil Recovery, and Reservoir Pressure Maintenance
- Gas Compression Systems for Transportation, Underground Storage, and Reservoir Pressure Maintenance
Fluor has a long and successful history of working with all of the major technology providers of gas processing and gas treating technology. In addition, Fluor licenses several gas treating and NGL recovery technologies including:
- Fluor SolventSM Process uses a dry propylene carbonate solvent to remove H2S and CO2 from gas streams.
- EconamineSM and Improved EconamineSM use diglycolamine as the aqueous solvent for H2S and CO2 removal from gas streams.
- EconosolvSM uses dimethylether of polyethylene glycol as a solvent for removal of contaminants such as H2S, CO2, COS, Mercaptans, and others. Selective removal is also possible.
- Cryo-Gas Process is a full suite of patented turbo-expander based processes for NGL recovery, including C2+, C3+, and switchable C2+/C3+ recovery processes. Propane recoveries up to 99.9% and ethane recoveries in excess of 90% are achievable.