Every day, Fluor helps clients safeguard the environment, conserve energy, protect lives, and strengthen the economies and social structures of the communities where we work in Australia and worldwide. Fluor’s Australia offices are widely recognized for their commitment to health, safety and the environment.
Fluor recently completed a project with a significant focus on the preservation of the ecological and cultural environment in the Pilbara, one of Australia’s most striking and unspoiled natural wilderness areas and home to numerous significant Aboriginal sites. Heritage surveys were conducted as part of the project to identify ethnographic, archaeological, and other significant sites in consultation with traditional land owners, setting a new benchmark for the management of indigenous heritage issues.
Recent certifications and awards received by Fluor in Australia for outstanding performance in sustainability include:
- The Platinum Award, Western Australia WorkSafe Plan’s highest honour in recognition of excellent management of safety and health in the workplace, as well as our contribution to the reduction of work-related injury and disease in Western Australia.
- The prestigious Sir William Hudson Award for engineering excellence at the 2006 Australian Engineering Excellence Awards in Canberra for the Bayu Undan Gas Recycle Project in the Timor Sea.
- Prestigious Gold Award to O&M team at Karratha Engineering for its contribution to the WorkSafe Plan.
- Western Australian Operations and CMM Pilbara Rail received WorkSafe Western Australian’s Gold Certificates in 2004.
- O&M 120-member team achieved 10 years without a lost-time-incident and achieved over 1.5 million safe work hours.
GlobalFor more information on Fluor's sustainability efforts, see Fluor's Sustainability Report.
Fluor was awarded "Best Clean Energy Company" of the Year by New Economy magazine in 2009. Factors included Fluor's ongoing leadership within the engineering and construction industry, its innovations in driving down emissions in the oil and gas and power sectors, and its remarkable growth in renewable and clean energy markers, such as polysilicon, wind, nuclear, and others.