Fluor is dedicated to building strong communities and having a positive impact on the communities in which we work and live, through our projects, philanthropy, and employee volunteerism.
In Australia, Fluor supports organizations that impact local communities through events such as:
- Victorian Cancer Council’s Relay for Life
- Red Cross Blood Drive
- Red Cross Bike Program for the Red Cross Volunteer Refugee Settlement Support Program
- Red Cross Back-to-School Program for the Asylum Seeker Resource Centre
- Royal Society for the Prevention of Cruelty to Animals (RSPCA) Cupcake Day and Million Paws Walk
Some notable Fluor project initiatives include:
- "Living Works in the Pilbara" undertaken by the BHP Billiton Iron Ore Asset Development Program. The project charity received in excess of US$270,000 as a result of fund raising efforts of the project team. Significant Aboriginal heritage and relocation projects were undertaken the project achieved its target of over 5 percent indigenous employment during construction.
- The BHP Billiton and FAST project team sponsored the Native Aboriginal Islander Day Observance Committee (NAIDOC) award for ‘Indigenous Youth of the Year, Female aged 17 – 25.
Fluor is also proud to be part of CHEMECA, the annual conference of Chemical Engineers in Australia and New Zealand by presenting the Fluor Award ($5,000 and certificate), recognizing exceptional management and leadership talent. The Fluor award is open to engineers in Australia and New Zealand working in the process industries.
See more on Fluor's Community Service efforts around the world.