Coal Fired Capabilities:
Fluor has performed extensive EPC and commissioning services for coal-fired power plants ranging in unit size from 65 MW to 1,600 MW. Fluor can generate coal-fired designs readily and efficiently by using reference plant designs, state-of-the-art 3D CAD design, and design collaboration tools. Fluor's reference plant designs achieve the highest standards in performance, reliability, availability, operability, and maintainability.
Pulverized Coal Unit Experience:
- EPCC services for a 1,600 MW plant
- EPCC services for a 200 MW coal fired project
- Detailed EPCC for the power block portion of a 1,230 MW private power project, largest in the world at the time of its construction
- Turnkey EPCC services for a 400 MW Generating Station based on Fluor's reference plant design
- EPCC services for 160 MW generating facilities serving mining operations – Innovative application of smaller pulverized coal generation to serve a demanding and unique load regime in an isolated environment.
Fluidized Bed Unit Experience:
Fluor's extensive experience with fluidized-bed combustion facilities encompasses many combustion technologies and manufacturers. Technologies include fluid-bed coking, gasification, catalytic cracking, radwaste calcinating, polymerization, catalyst activation, and silica drying.
- Design, EPCC, and test planning for the 454 MW circulating fluidized-bed (CFB) combustion project
- Turnkey EPCC services for Reliant Energy's 521 MW CFB coal-fired project
- Turnkey EPCC services for a 25 MW fluidized-bed project fueled by agricultural waste
- 300 MW CFB reference plant design and a design database